In Manufacturing there are many benefits in adopting an ERP solution, not least for the shop floor, where are used corporate resources that play a key role in the production and for the rest of the company.
Here are 3 ways that an ERP system is able to optimize the shop floor control, thus increasing the productivity of an enterprise:
1. Technical Document Management
The technical drawings and documents used in the Manufacturing shop floor indicate to personnel the assembly of products and the product components. It’s necessary that each individual uses the same processes and remains in line with quality standards of production. An ERP solution such as Microsoft Dynamics AX is able to:
• Attach all the technical documents needed for specific operations within a workplace and ensure the latest version;
• Update the feedback on the amount of production orders by highlighting the possible causes of error;
• Update the integrated picking list and validation on quantities;
• Provide an overview of the state of progress of production;
• Update the projects and the changes subsequently made to the same.
2. Material handling Requests
The coordination of the production, in the various steps and stages can cause complexity.
Microsoft Dynamics AX can set withdrawal requests or transfer of components, before and after the manufacturing process operations. The manager of the components, for example, can see the request coming from the dashboard of the truck directly on the screen of a tablet. The forklift operator, in fact, can make a fully transaction, as anyone can see in the ERP solution when the work is ready to move to the next production stage.
The Dynamics AX ERP solution also allows you to:
• Make the collection of all relevant production data;
• Record the work on time and units;
• Optimize business functions: the ERP enables a single employee to work on several computers simultaneously;
• Record the information for a working team;
• Recording times are based on non-productive operations;
• Integrate production and project modules within the system;
• Schedule when the work should be completed, based on the time allotted;
3. Regulatory compliance
Often some tasks must be performed by personnel who have a specific and valid certification training. An ERP solution is to support, also in this case. Every employee, in fact, has its own tab within the corporate ERP system Dynamics AX, which contains all the information related to their skills and certifications. In this way, it is the ERP that controls the operator’s qualifications to perform specific tasks within the production process, ensuring compliance with regulatory type regulations.
In addition to checking compliance, the company needs to carry out other types of validation. Microsoft Dynamics AX is able to support such validations through:
• The planning of the work, taking into account the actual skills required for operators in terms of specific training and certifications;
• A bulletin board that allows operators to receive messages related to transactions and activities;
• A dashboard of the production process, through which you can record the ongoing activities and monitor the progress of production;
• The comparison of actual time in the performance of activities compared to the estimated time;
• The presence of the configurable registration forms;
• The optional presence of a specific password validation of some operations.
An ERP solution is able to improve efficiency and production performance, thanks mainly to the identification and fast problem solving them just as fast, optimizing the use of staff knowledge and develop their skills.
Contact us if you want to discover more about Dynamics AX and follow our company to stay informed on the specific capabilities of the ERP solution for Manufacturing.